Sunday, July 19, 2015

25 things I’ve learned at 25

Today is my 25th birthday and I’m so excited about being a “quarter of a hundred”. Despite some people try to make me feel old and some even asked me such things like if I feel useless for achiving nothing in my life yet (eg. a stable job, still living with my parents, not having boyfriend etc) but actually I don’t feel 25 at all, nor do I feel like I lost anything and I still have a lot of time to find a life partner or to find out what I want to be. So here’s to my first 25.


  1. Diets only work if you do them out of self-love.
  2. Cleaning your room really unfucks your mind.
  3. Life can be scary but good things happen if you go against your fears.
  4. Taking a book with you is always a good idea.
  5. Less is more - especially when it comes to friends.
  6. Sometimes not getting want you want is the best. You might end up getting something better.
  7. People aren’t that scary…
  8.  …but most of them will always judge you but don’t take it personally. Their opinion talks about them and not you.
  9. Taking care of your body and mind can never be too expensive/selfish/waste of time.
  10. If you can’t decide if you should to do it or not then do it! Better to regret something you did than something you didn’t.
  11. You don’t have to please others to make them love you. If someone doesn’t like you it’s okay.
  12. Doing things that make me uncomfortable only made me stronger.
  13. Be nice to everybody you love and show them your feelings, you can never know if it was the last time you saw them.
  14. Learn to say no.
  15. Try everything out at least once.
  16. Being an adult doesn’t mean to give up watching cartoons, not eating cereals for lunch, and to skip doing things because they are “childish” even though many adults think so.
  17. Never let others to define you.
  18. One should work to live, and not live to work. (well I experienced this through my family members)
  19. Don’t butt in others business.
  20. We create the 90% of our own stess. Most of the things we’re afraid of won’t happen.
  21. You become what you think. But it takes time and practice.
  22. Stay away from toxic people even if they are your family.
  23. Being in nature is good for your soul and body, too.
  24. Don’t be afraid to show your personality to strangers only to protect yourself from getting hurt.
  25. The Universe takes care of all of us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...